The Home Inspection
We use a Top Down approach to the Home Inspection. The inspection starts with the roof, chimneys & gutters. Then the exterior doors, windows, siding, decks, patios, grading etc. On to the interior starting with the attic (insulation structure ect), moving through each room and level checking plumbing, electrical and structure. Next is the basement, Foundation, HVAC (Furnace/AC), Plumbing and Electrical services. Photos are taken of issues during the inspection and a Thermal Imaging (infrared) camera is used to help identify insulation issues, electrical hot spots and potential water leaks. A moisture meter is also used during the inspection.
At the end of the inspection the Inspector will go through a summary onsite and answer any questions you may have. The full report is produced back at the office and email to you the same day as the inspection. If you have questions after reading the report you can contact the inspector by phone or email.
Infrared - Thermal Imaging
For you, the home buyer, having a good understanding of the condition of your future home is crucial to making an informed decision. Infrared Technology (Thermal imaging) gives you that extra information that you would otherwise not be aware of. Infrared technology can identify hidden problems such as missing insulation, electrical hot spots and potential water leaks. We use a high quality Fluke Infrared Camera to identify potential problems and follow up with a GE moisture meter when a potential water leak is identified. The Infrared camera is also capable of taking photos which can be included in your home inspection report.
The Included Extras - Warranty's from Residential Warranty Services (RWS) and the InterNACHI Buy Back Guarantee
90 Day Mechanical Coverage Summary: Plumbing: Water lines, faucets, water heaters, drain lines, gas lines. Electrical: Main service panel, secondary service panel, and wiring. Appliances: Kitchen Appliances including and limited to oven, range, dishwasher, built-in microwave, trash compactor, and garbage disposal. Heating/Air (HVAC): Furnace, Air Conditioner, and Thermostats.
90 Day Structural Coverage Summary: Poured Concrete & Block wall foundations. Floor joists, bottom & top plates, and wall members. Roof leak repair (does not include replacement of bad shingles), load bearing walls, attached garage doors.
Sewer Gard Coverage (90 days)
During the agreement term, the following components are covered against failure due to normal wear and tear:
- “Water Line”. The water line is the single lateral water service line from the point of the water utility’s connection to the point of the water meter or main shut off line inside the home. The water line also includes well water lines, excluding those exceeding five feet under the surface level of the yard.
- “Sewer Line”. The sewer line is the single lateral sewer service line from the point of the home’s exterior wall to the point of connection to the sewer utility’s wastewater collection system or septic tank.
Mold Safe Coverage (90 days)
During the agreement term, the following conditions are covered:
-New visible mold- During the course of your home inspection and in your home inspection report, if there were no visible mold or moisture issues reported, this agreement covers the remediation (removal) of visible mold on surfaces permanently installed in the subject property.
Platinum 5 Year Leak Repair Coverage
This service contract covers repairs for leaks only. Any defect noted in your home inspection or any consequential leak resulting from a defect noted in your inspection is not covered. If your inspector noted damage, leaks, improper installation, or worn materials, it is the responsibility of the home owner to remedy these conditions. This is not a policy of insurance, and as such consequential damage from a leak is not covered. Damage from any peril (fire, flood, lightning, vandalism, etc.) is not covered by this policy and should be reported to your homeowner’s insurance company.
Repairs necessary as the result of abuse, neglect, or lack of maintenance are not covered by this policy.
RecallChek is a service for consumers in Canada and has compiled over 205 million recalls from public records, to create a fail-safe system to check for dangerous flaws with home appliances. If a manufacturer designs a dangerous product they MUST recall that item and fix it free of charge! RecallChek will provide the information to resolve any potential recall issues promptly.
- Your appliance information will input by the Inspector (typically the dishwasher, stove, refrigerator, water heater and furnace)
- You receive a email report separate from the home inspection report emailed directly to you from RecallChek
- You will receive monthly updates emailed from RecallChek
If your participating inspector misses anything, we'll (InterNACHI) buy your home back.
And now for the “fine print”:
- It's valid for home inspections performed for home buyers only by participating InterNACHI® members.
- The home must be listed for sale with a licensed real estate agent.
- The Guarantee excludes homes with material defects not present at the time of the inspection, or not required to be inspected, per InterNACHI's Residential Standards of Practice.
- The Guarantee will be honored for 90 days after closing.
- We'll (InterNACHI) pay you whatever price you paid for the home.
For full details please go to: